Saturday, October 19, 2013

My FAITH runs deep within ME.

I woke up one morning and looked at something that was not meant for my eyes, it stirred an emotion in me, and then came all the thinking which then led to praying.....

I did not study the bible. I do not attend mass every Sunday, I do not need to be in a church to speak to my GOD, he is wherever I AM, he LIVES in ME.  There are too many religious notations out there, I'm not here to address any of that, it's simply not my place, never will be.  I DO know that my God is Good God and I have FAITH, that's all I will ever need.

When I a young preteen my mom's friend Lisa, who eventually became a pastor, would come over to our house and teach us how to pray and sing for us with her guitar.  Around Christmas time she would take my sister and I to her company party's which were held in an airline hanger, they were AWESOME!  The hanger was filled with toys, candy, games, moon bounces and SANTA too!  I have some great childhood memories because of her but that's not reason that I cry when I think of how grateful I am to be touched by her gift.  She left her mark on me.  I remember sitting in our dining room with her, I know my mom was not too far away listening, she was talking to me about God and Jesus, she asked me if I was ready to ask God into my heart, I don't recall exactly how I responded, but I remember those precious moments while she held my hands, praying with me and guiding me through the process.  I will never be able to explain that incredible spiritual moment, that moment is my miracle, it brought ME to GOD.

I often cry when God speaks to me, wouldn't you?  Its a bit overwhelming.  My three year old daughter came over to my bed and asked "mama why you cry?" my immediate response was "because GOD is speaking to me." I then remembered what my mom said to me "baby your a vessel here, to do GOD's work."  She's right, I am just beginning to understand WHY I must experience certain things and walk this path of mine.  I may have made certain choices to get here, but this path was chosen for ME, because only I can see it through, and its purpose is NOT for ME.

On this one, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment